This Blog (Web Log) is for those in recovery.
You can post your comments, experiences or short stories-here.
Or Send Recovery Stories Via E-Mail

On Day At A Time Serenity Prayer
Stepping Stones: 2006 Newsletter | Bill's Story | Lois' Story | Big Book

Friday, October 06, 2006

CHUCK CHAMBERLAIN

WISDOM AND GEMS FROM THE INIMITABLE CHUCK CHAMBERLAIN
Chuck C.

Every alcoholic I've ever known is a perfectionist, an idealist. It is this drive for excellence that brought about statements like this: "He was the best, but...." It makes us set goals for ourselves that we can't attain. We're forever disappointed in our own performance and we demand more of those around us than they can put out. It's a beautiful attribute, but it's a killer until we learn how to live with it.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is so talking to me! I've never seen such a fitting description of an alcoholic until reading what Chuck C. wrote here. Thank you thank you thank you to whomever posted it and to God for leading me to it tonight.

Best wishes to all in 2009

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chuck!

Geoff M. - Los Angeles

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of his stuff is in the book called "A New Pair Of Glasses"
by Chuck C.
from:
ohboy408@yahoo.com

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just crossed the 6 year sobriety gate in Sept. 2013. My sponser gave me Chuck's book and I just finished reading it. I wish I had got to it sooner.

Such a great read. It has so much information that I connected with.

Kevin C.
Tulsa OK
1/16/2014

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger William 360 Donovan said...

I just celebrated 49 years of continuous sober living, which includes ongoing AA member activity. When I was new, one of my things was to sit next to the oldest member in the meeting. Every time I asked about long term, oldtimer sober life, I was told that the secret is in the Active Eleventh Step readings. Outside of AA books. Emmit Fox, Joel Goldsmith, Neale Donald Walsch, Chuck's book, A new Pair of Glasses. I have a reading list!
Today is 02-08-2019
Bill D.
Midlothian, Va

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an inspirational man

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Charismatic I'd imagine

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Extraordinary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home